Thursday, April 23, 2009

New Day Journeys!

Phew--lots going on around here! In addition to preparing for DJ's upcoming workshop, I'm working with instructors on finalizing their offerings for the two retreats next year--and oh my, are they going to be fabulous!! More on that in an upcoming post. But first...

Leighanna's Metal Deck

I'm thrilled to announce that one of my favorite instructors, Leighanna Light, will be coming to town in late August for two workshops! She'll be teaching her "ever-so-popular" Vintage Metal Deck on Friday, Aug. 28, and then a two-day Funky Found-Object Canvas Village class on Sat. and Sun., the 29th and 30th. Leighanna is a very skilled instructor, is very generous, and is a hoot to boot!

Some of my metal deck pages...

For my 50th birthday a little while back (ahem), I threw myself an "art party" and she taught the metal deck here at my home--we had a fabulous time! You may remember reading about it in the Summer 2005 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors. Boy, do these photos bring back some great memories!


I'll have complete info on the website within the next couple of weeks, with registration opening around mid-May. Keep checking back!!

No comments: