Wednesday, August 4, 2010

On why I've been MIA...

I could write a list a mile-long to explain my blog absence, but then you'd get bored and fall asleep by the time you reached #137. I considered doing blog "installments," but then I realized it would take me at least another 3 months to finish, as I tend to make things much more complicated than they ever need to be.

Once I remembered the old 'KISS' adage--Keep It Sorta Simple--I started breathing a little deeper and was able to start in on this post (yeh, I know it's supposed to be 'keep it simple, stupid', but I never liked the 'stupid' part, so I changed it. It suits me much better now).

But if I HAD done installments, these would likely have been the general categories:

1. Preparing for the Journey retreat (including lots of silly fun with DJ here)



2. Being swept up by another awesome Artful Journey experience...truly amazing! (Go to my Flickr page to see lots more pics)



3. Continuing the playtime after the retreat

































4. Catching up with loved ones



5. Gathering goodies for the next Artful Journey retreat -- February 17-21, 2011. (Registration opens next Tuesday, August 10!)




















6. Taking care of myself...
Anyway, that's what I was thinking I might post about. But since I'm not, I'll just leave you with a photo of a chap I met up at the retreat. He reminded me to slow down, be still, and appreciate the small miracles that surround us each day.



2 comments:

Honey from the Bee said...

I can't wait to sign up for 2011's. It'll be just what I need to get out of the winter slump I bet.

Anonymous said...

Niiiiiiiice! THAT was so much fun!!
Saw the flickr shot of me hugging the sangria...total sangria love! Katie's class was superb!! Can't wait for February's retreat...I agree with Janet...perfect timing for a winter pick-me-up!
xxoo
stef
(yeah, I know...not so anonymous LOL!)