Sunday, April 11, 2010

Liquid gold...


When I saw this on my recent getaway, I saw a heart, a heart that needed to be tended to. A dear friend of mine saw "an opening"—to walk into; to guide towards; to new possibilities. An opening it is then. An opening to my heart.

I had packed one of my favorite books, Broken Open (which I highly, highly recommend), by Elizabeth Lesser. When I opened it, my eyes went straight to a passage where she asks, "was...the peace and clarity I was searching for already within me, waiting in the liquid gold of my feeling heart?" It was not an accident that I was led to that page; it was exactly what I needed to hear.

I decided to make space to listen to that feeling heart of mine, to "use my heart's compass on this journey", as Lesser writes. I began while up in those beautiful redwoods this past week.















I met up with some 'deer' friends.








I looked through the lens.

























I sat at this desk and played in the silence.

I walked the labyrinth.


I danced by the light of the moon (really, I did).

I listened.

And then I came home...to these precious loved ones. My heart is full.

12 comments:

Robin Olsen said...

Beautiful post--it sounds blissful!

Mindy Lacefield said...

i'm so glad you had a chance to get away and refuel! thanks for the lovely photos. it takes me back. love you!!

danielle daniel said...

So happy that you were able to tend to your heart...and fill it with the beauty that surrounds you. Continue to listen to that compass...it will never steer you in the wrong direction...xo

lindy said...

What a gift you gave yourself. The time to be still and breathe. A little dancing in the moonlight never hurts!

Lorri Scott said...

How sweet, I have tears in my eyes, really.

lilylovekin said...

This post takes me back and I can't wait until July.

Mo'a said...

What a beautiful place to be in, while looking within to the "Liquid Gold".
Your photos and words are so poignant. I especially love the photo of your loved ones.

Diana said...

Just a beautiful post, Cindy. It looks as though you found yourself in a little piece of heaven there in the redwoods....how wonderful to have a personal retreat.
Hugs
Diana

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I'm glad that your heart is full Cindy. You are such a gift to the world. I will be forever grateful for the amazing experience of An Artful Journey.

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

Hi Cindy, this is the first time I've been to your website. It is just brilliant! Your post reminds me how I feel when I get to the Cape and have time to let all the petty, busy things go and can just "be". Lovely photography!

thank you for your comments on my blog!

Phyllis said...

What an exquisitely beautiful blog you have. Found you over at jude's "Cloth-to-Cloth."

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

lovely, lovely post. popping in from Flying Lessons to seeyour beautiful space. -Robin